ALL ABOUT ANISH
Anish Shah is a New York based comedian who has put together an award-winning act that incorporates storytelling, song, and just a little bit of crying (seriously).
• Headlined 50-city B-School Made Me Funny Tour performing schools like at Harvard, Yale, and Columbia
• Performed at The Kennedy Center
• Recorded TV Special "Maharajas of Comedy" with host, Kunal Nayyar (Big Bang Theory)
• Starred in national commercials for Lufthansa, Marriott and the NFL
• Recorded first one-hour comedy special at The Laugh Factory
• Launched "International Incident," a regular variety show at the famed venue, "Carolines on Broadway."
• Launched the national "No Laughing Matter" tour of the U.S. to benefit the "Save a Mother" foundation, featuring Indian-American comics & celebrities
• Launched first national tour of India
• Opened a run of shows for Azhar Usman, CNN's Funniest Muslim in America
• Hosted the Indian American Bar Association Conference for 400+ people in Chicago.
• Headlined NETIP Charity Benefit in Los Angeles
• First began performing at known clubs like Zanie's, The Comedy Store, etc
Grand Prize Winner: Mahoney's Comedy Competition
Grand Prize Winner: Shenanigan's Comedy Challenge
5 Random Facts
1. My friend's 3 year old daughter stood up in the middle of lunch the other day, pointed at me, and dramatically announced she didn't like me. Felt like I was on a date.
2. I am very excited about The New iPad because Chinese kids could use the work.
3. Parents love me; it's their daughters that are the issue.
4. When a girl says she wants someone sensitive yet strong, I tell her I cry at the gym.
5. I will inevitably marry a girl who makes bad decisions.
Anish has become one of the world's top corporate comedians, in addition to performing at colleges around the globe.
After getting an MBA from Yale and spending five years working up the corporate ladder at the management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company, Anish Shah wandered into a comedy club open mic, told some jokes, and set off on a career in comedy...turning his B-School degree into a $100,000 piece of wall decor. Since then, Anish has done stand up all over the word, filmed two specials, and performed at over 100 colleges and corporations across the globe.
Most recently, he was one of 6 people selected, out of thousands, for NBC's Late Night Writer's Workshop and was also a writer on the CBS Diversity Showcase. Anish also recently headlined the 50-city tour, "American Indiot" performing at UC Berkeley, University of Texas, and NYU. His long-running show at Carolines on Broadway, "International Incident," has been selected multiple times for the prestigious New York Comedy Festival.
Anish has also starred in commercials for Lufthansa, Allstate, Dropbox, and Marriott. As an actor, he has also played the lead in an independent film while performing in numerous plays and musicals. With so much going on, it’s no wonder DesiClub named Anish one the 50 Coolest South Asians in the world, alongside Salman Rushdie, Oscar winner Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, Time Editor-At- Large Bobby Ghosh, and writer/actress Mindy Kaling.